ALL IN THE FAMILY!
Our Golden Anniversary season opens in the autumnal spirit of the abundance of the harvest, and gratitude as we come together again with our audience and continue to bring you even closer to the music. An orchestra is like a large family, and perhaps no other family of musicians influenced the musical world as much as the J.S. Bach family did. We present to you a variety of works representative of their talents and styles. Of note are C.P.E. Bach’s virtuosic Cello Concerto in A major (performed by cellist, Scott Tisdel); and his avant-garde Harp Sonata in G major, (rendered by harpist, Kelsey Molinari). Patriarch J.S. Bach is represented by his renowned Oboe and Violin Concerto, (with oboist Margaret Butler and violinist Jeanyi Kim as soloists). The program concludes with an impressive Sinfonia by W.F. Bach.
• Carl Philip Emanuel Bach: Harp Sonata in G major
• Johann Christian Bach: Quintet Op. 22 No. 1
• Johann Sebastian Bach: Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060R | Margaret Butler, oboe -- Jeanyi Kim, violin
• Carl Philip Emanuel Bach: Cello Concerto in A major, H. 439 Scott Tisdel, cello
• Wilhelm Friedemann Bach: Sinfonia for Strings in F major "Dissonant", F. 67 (Il Giardino Armonico)
Artists: Milwaukee Musaik Chamber Orchestra.
Scott Tisdel, solo cello; Jeanyi Kim, solo violin; Margaret Butler, solo oboe.
Heather Zinninger, flute; Kelsey Molinari, harp; and Stefanie Jacob, continuo. Alexander Mandl, conductor.
Pre-concert ticket purchase - GA$25 - At the door ticket pricing: GA $30 / Students $10